What should I put on my barn’s bulletin board?
I love white erase boards and bulletin boards for the barn! They provide a great way to share information and can help you have a successful and easy emergency system. Of course, much of the critical information about our horses should be located on a stall or paddock card, but there’s a lot of other stuff to have handy, too.
White erase boards are great for barn announcements.
So what would you put on your barn’s bulletin board? Some ideas:
- Barn Address and land line phone number. Know the address and phone so you can tell emergency operators, farriers, vets, visitors.
- Location of critical things around the farm.
-Water shut off valves. Ever had a busted pipe?? That water flows until someone turns it off!
Gate override. If the power goes out, you need a way in and out of the property.
First aid kits (horse and human).
- Evacuation plan for horses. If your barn doesn't have one, here's how to make one!
- Boarder’s phone numbers and emergency contacts.
- Vet and Farrier phone numbers. If the barn is huge and everyone has their own preferences, then those numbers can go on the stall name cards.
- What else?
You can also use a strategically placed bulletin board for show sign ups, training tips, or other farm news! And by strategically placed I mean where everyone will see it. :)
A great location for barn announcements!