How many uses does a diaper have at the barn?
I’m sure tons, and I have a few already…..add your idea to this list and we’ll create a pretty comprehensive list!
I keep diapers at the barn for a few reasons. They are cushy, absorbent, they don’t expire. They are also flexible, inexpensive, and easy to store. And, they have boatloads of uses!
- Use them to pack hooves with your choice of hoof packing material or poultice. Smear some poultice on the absorbent part of the diaper and then wrap the hoof up. You can use the tabs on the diaper to lightly secure it before you stuff in a boot.
- Freeze wet diapers for instant ice packs. Good for horses, good for people.
First aid supplies - diapers included!
- Keep several in your first aid kit to use as bandages if you have a cut or wound.
- For smaller bandages, packing material, or padding, you can cut out the absorbent middle.
- After medicating and applying a band aid or other bandage, diapers can cover a hock to provide some extra protection for hock or bed sores.
Diapers fit nicely into boots if you have a hoof to pack!