How many different ways can we use vinegar at the barn? A whole lot. (I hope you like the smell.)
I'll start the list of white vinegar uses that I can think of:
- Use a 1/1 ratio of white vinegar and water to remove mold from tack
- Use the same ratio to clean stall walls, buckets, really anything that's dirty. Some say you can use baking soda and vinegar to clean, I have not tried it, but have made a volcano from it.
- Fill a spray bottle up with it to deter ants and cats.
- Use the same spray bottle to remove skunk odor from your pets. (or you? hope not!)
- It can be used to relieve itchy bug bites. (Apple cider here? You guys tell me, I have heard both.)
- Dunk and soak those white crusty bits and buckles and snaps.
For apple cider,
- Supplement in grain (ask your Veterinarian to be sure this is OK for your horse and his diet)
- Mixed with skin-so-soft as a fly spray
All right - your turn! If you have some recipes to add, that would be great!!